- Wheel 1 will take place in Slow Drawl Studios' studio in Chattanooga, TN.
- Couple's lessons are a 5 week class (verses a 4 week class) with 1 one-on-one session a week. You and your loved one will trade off between hand building and wheel throwing, both giving you a chance to alternate and learn both methods of making pottery! This class includes one more day of lessons to accomodate teaching two people at once! I want to make sure both of you are able to have enough time to glaze at the end of the class.
- Each session is two hours, totaling 10 hours of learning the basics of throwing on the wheel, handbuilding and getting familiar with clay! We will work on several projects during this time, including glazing and firing your pieces at the end of the course. You will have plenty of pots to keep by the end of the class!
- These lessons are a beginner's class! You do not have to have prior experience with clay to participate in this class. However, I recommend being 15+ for throwing, but if you or a loved one are interested and you are younger than 15, please reach out on a case by case basis. Handbuilding is perfect for everyone!
- Throughout this course, we will be practicing wedging, centering clay, throwing cylinders, trimming, and making handles. For handbuilding, we will be learning pinch pots, coil pots, and slab work. During this time, you will also glaze and fire at the end of the class.
- Lessons start the week of June 6th and end the week of July 1st. I will work with your schedule whether you'd prefer lessons during the day or in the evening! After purchasing, I will email you to schedule a time that works for both of us.
- One 25 lb bag of clay each
- Your own set of personal throwing tools
- Your own artist's apron
- Access to studio glazes and supplies
- Your own shelf in the studio for your work
After you have some experience with clay through Wheel 1, or if you have prior experience with clay, I will be offering a Wheel 2 class in the future to improve your skills and learn new ones!
Afterpay for this course will be available soon. If you would like to go ahead and purchase but need to pay in installments, please email me to work out a payment plan.